Friday, October 30, 2009

Oh Goodness

So you heard that John Adams has a blog, but guess who ELSE has a blog now! That's right: John Adams' BFF Ingram Marshall. This blog is, to the surprise of nobody, quite a bit more laid-back. (Via Timo Andres, who points out that there are so far two entries and both of them are about fungus.) I've talked about Marshall a couple times on here, I think, but it really is true that you should get to know his music—here's a video of his guitar piece Soe-pa, the second movement, which is the musical equivalent of stepping into a boutique selling sweet frankincense and gradually realizing that the building is on fire:

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Rachel said...

I have never heard a more accurate description of a piece than the frankincense/fire visual you put to this movement. It's a beautiful, moving piece and no standard jargon would truly convey what happens when you're listening. Can you imagine if someone said "It's a fairly minimalist piece that incorporates layering and looping"? I come to your blog to read words that I can't put together myself.

November 1, 2009 at 7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home