Thursday, March 26, 2009

As Falls Wichita Vortex Sutra, So Falls Wichita Vortex Sutra Falls

Via GlassNotes, Wichita Vortex Sutra! One of my favorite Glass tunes. American Opera Theater, Georgetown University Program in Performing Arts:Okay but the thing is I don't like this production. I don't like their hip threads, I don't like their "dramatic" movements, I don't like staging this in front of a "country church" backdrop, as a "revival." Isn't it too easy? Doesn't the chorale in the piano part already put you in mind of a country church? Doesn't the poem already have the cadence of a sermon? How much more interesting would this be if it were staged as a cooking demonstration! Or a magic show! Or an anatomy class! Somebody give me money, I would stage this so awesome. Also, can I say this aagain, the sassy threads, the dramatic movements. Those dang boxes. Too cute! Literally! It gives me such an Up With People feeling, in a bad way. Or maybe Celebration Iowa:Hahaha and you thought nobody had a worse violinist than Belle & Sebastian. Wait what was I talking about. The End.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home