Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Well La Di Frickin' Da

Robert Gable at aworks has been trying out lala.com, and he's impressed:
Being able to stream millions on tracks on lala, the first play for free and with no advertising, feels like a fundamental change. I've tried every other "collective-wisdom" music site but with mixed results. However, on lala, since there is only the cost of my time, I'm listening to as interesting a set of music as ever. For example, my current list of most frequently played artists on the service includes Frederic Rzewski, David Korevaar, Alexander Scriabin, David Harned Johnson, Arthur Russell, Sarah Cahill, Sir Neville Marriner, Herbie Hancock, and John Cage. This is a good mix of the familiar and the novel.
That is quite a list! Y'all know I love me some Rzewski. And I finally bought Another Thought, that Arthur Russell disc on Orange Mountain, and it's slap-your-face gorgeous. But who in the hell is this David Harned Johnson person? Naturally I ask purely out of curiosity, and not for any selfish reasons whatsoever. Say, is his album also available on iTunes?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home