Thursday, September 18, 2008

Moment of Silence

Kyle Gann's ongoing John Cage project has resulted in the best "desperately seeking disc"-type post I've ever seen:
One thing I could sure use before finishing this book on 4'33" is an obscure recording on the Korm Plastics label called 45'18" (Forty-five Minutes, Eighteen Seconds). It's a CD of nine versions of 4'33" by Thurston Moore, Keith Rowe, the Deep Listening Band, Voice Crack, and others. It doesn't seem to be available anywhere at the moment. Is there someone out there who could dupe me a copy, with program info? I'd gladly pay a reasonable price for a CDR. (I mean, I am paying basically for silence, but it's really important silence.)
Please, people, if you have that disc, or know someone who does, help a brother out. And Jesus, don't make him pay for it! Who does that??

(Photo of Jim Altieri, also from Gann's blog.) UPDATE: Found, before this post even left my queue. Hooray!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Marcus said...

https://www.forcedexposure.com/labels/korm.plastics.netherlands.html


This page shows it as orderable from Korm Plastics. Ninth one down. Don't know if it really is.

September 18, 2008 at 1:41 PM  
Blogger Dan Johnson said...

Hooray! But, blast, I put the post in my queue yesterday and wouldn't you know a commenter over there had dug the disc up before this even hit the internets.

Oh well, it gave me an excuse to steal that picture...

September 18, 2008 at 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home