Monday, April 13, 2009

Life Is, Indeed, a Pitch

Inspired by the festival's charming Twitter feed, I just emailed a young classical music magazine my idea for a fabulous article on Ojai 2009, curated by eighth blackbird. See, it would be my funny, hip, subjective, irreverent, first-person account of the festival—sort of like "Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas," only without all the drugs. I ran it by a Greg, who thought it was great, but missing one thing: all the drugs.
Greg: Do you have a coke hook-up in LA? Dan Johnson: Not yet! Dan Johnson: I'll ask around Greg: I'll put out some feelers on your behalf Dan Johnson: haha thanks Dan Johnson: I'm not going to do coke at Ojai. Dan Johnson: not even if it meant that I could offer some to the Oberlin alumni of 8th Blackbird and call the piece, Dan Johnson: OH HI, O HIGH OJAI OHIOANS
Which is basically the most genius thing I have ever come up with. But also, kids? Say no to drugs.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger La Majestueuse said...

Brilliant. Also, Oberlin is pretty much the ONLY good thing about Ohio (I hear there's a decent symphony with a mediocre conductor [who does opera kinda well] around too)

April 13, 2009 at 10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's pretty funny. You took it a step further than we expected, and that's cool. "Only I know the extent to which I can go too far.".....Jean Cocteau

April 13, 2009 at 11:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

If not there, where?

April 13, 2009 at 11:17 PM  
Blogger DJA said...

Don't you mean "Oh hai, o high Ojai Ohioans"? (Aren't drug jokes always funnier in LOLspeak?)

April 13, 2009 at 11:23 PM  
Blogger DJA said...

Also, do you really need a coke hookup in LA? Don't they basically hand out 8-balls to all arriving passengers at LAX?

April 13, 2009 at 11:26 PM  
Blogger Grrg said...

Don't be badmouthing Welser-Möst! He's awesome. Oberlin, on the other hand, is basically insufferable, in that special way that only liberal arts colleges can be. Other awesome things about Ohio include the food (seriously, ask Ruhlman), Flex Baths in Cleveland, and affordable, surprisingly high-quality marijuana.

On the downside, living there gave me a nervous breakdown.

I fear I may have said too much already.

April 13, 2009 at 11:55 PM  
Blogger La Majestueuse said...

well I don't have a hookup here in town (although I'm sure it must be plentiful). You do have a point w/ ruhlman though, I haven't properly explored Cleveland cuisine. Then again, I'm spoiled from Boston/NY and I no longer have a foie-priced income. I'm glad we made the list though lol.

April 14, 2009 at 1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home