Friday, May 16, 2008

When Pigs Fly

Guardian typo-spotter jonanamary has posted the following (original story here):
As for the Last Night of the Proms, for all my avid Proms attendance over the years, I have never been. I have never wanted to go, either - all those silly hats, claxons and streamers are not my thing; but I do not see the night as just a jingoistic celebration of Britain. It is a party, a communal revel that makes a tremendous amount of people very, very happy. Open it up to other styles - a Bollywood dance number, a garage anthem chased by Jerusalem and The Lard Ascending. Why not?

Why not, indeed! Dear composers, you have a title, now write the piece.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who was playing it that night? It might not be a typo.

May 18, 2008 at 10:58 AM  
Blogger Judd said...

Actually, that title sounds exactly like a particular old Far Side cartoon, which involved a campfire story wherein a bucket of lard was slowly "ascended" to a pair of waiting lips.

As far as I can tell, it's not available online, or else I'd link.

May 22, 2008 at 10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home